Ashley N. Nelson-Raut
Ashley Nelson-Raut is an Associate in the firm’s Wealth Preservation Group. Ashley focuses her practice on advising clients in the areas of estate planning, elder care, estate and trust administration, and income taxation of trusts and estates.
Ashley graduated cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2017. While in Law School, Ashley was an Associate Editor for the University of Baltimore Law Forum, a member of the Royal Shannonhouse III Honor Society, Historian of the Phi Delta Phi International Honor Society, and Law Scholar for ILS/Civil Procedure for Professor John Bessler.
During Law School, Ashley worked as a Research Assistant to Professor Angela Vallario, for which she assisted in drafting Professor Vallario’s Fundamentals of Estate Planning Textbook, and researched the Elective Share in Maryland. Also while in Law School, Ashley worked as a Law Clerk at Jensen, Hassani & Focas, P.A. specializing in administrating trusts and probate estates, preparation of various tax returns, and drafting estate planning documents.
Ashley has been selected a GameChanger for The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, was a career Day Guest Speaker at Bear Creek Elementary School, participates in the annual Kennedy Krieger Institute Planning for Families of Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities Workshop night, and is an Escalation Workshop Facilitator with the One Love Foundation.
Prior to law school Ashley attended Stevenson University graduating summa cum laude, where she obtained her degree in Paralegal Studies.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- Stevenson University, B.S., summa cum laude
- GameChanger, The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (2018-2019)
- Career Day Guest Speaker, Bear Creek Elementary School (4/19/2018)
- Speaker, One Day Love Foundation Escalation Workshop, Eastern Technical High School (4/18/2018)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute, Planning for Families of Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities Workshop Night
- One Love Foundation, Escalation Workshop Facilitator
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council, Member
- Maryland Daily Record Leading Woman 2018