Substance abuse, wrongful discharge, privacy, sexual harassment, employment contracts, the Americans with Disabilities Act, workplace safety. These are just a few of the issues that make skilled legal representation a must for both small businesses and large corporations.
PK Law ’s employment law attorneys guide clients through the hiring, discipline, layoff and termination processes. We help them develop and implement policies for these and other issues. We represent clients before federal, state and local administrative agencies including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, state and federal safety and health enforcement agencies and the courts.
PK Law clients include small businesses with a handful of workers to Fortune 500 corporations with thousands of employees. We work with union and non-union companies.
- Advising employers on: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the federal plant closing statute (WARN), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Drafting and revising company policies and procedures regarding sexual harassment policies, drug and alcohol testing, social media, family and medical leave and affirmative action programs required for federal contractors and vendors
- Union issues: union avoidance, NLRB elections, decertification proceedings, collective bargaining negotiations, drafting and administrating labor contracts and grievance arbitration hearings
- New employment laws: classification of workers (independent contractor vs. employee status), wage theft claims, worker misclassification, workplace fraud, FLSA “tip credit” provision, wage-hour laws, Equal Pay Act, worker lay-offs, under age discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination
- Representation of businesses in: Occupational safety investigations, workers’ compensation hearings and unemployment insurance proceedings, employment litigation, unlawful discrimination claims, disability accommodation claims, wage and hour disputes and breach of employment contract cases
- Minority Business Enterprises (MBE)/Women Business Enterprises (WBE)/Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
Want to receive PK Law’s Employment Law Alert? Contact us and we will add you to our mailing list – email@example.com