Matthew C. Nelson
Matthew C. Nelson is an Attorney in PK Law’s Corporate and Real Estate Group and Medical Malpractice Defense Group. Mr. Nelson represents individuals and businesses in contract disputes, real property controversies, real estate transactions and commercial collections. Additionally, Mr. Nelson defends physicians, psychiatrists, veterinarians, social workers, hospitals, and health care practice groups in malpractice and general liability matters.
Mr. Nelson received a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science from the University of Delaware in 2010. In 2013, Mr. Nelson graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he was a member of the National Environmental Moot Court Team and the Moot Court Executive Board. Following his graduation, Mr. Nelson clerked for the Honorable Mickey J. Norman in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, where he analyzed trial pleadings and papers, and drafted judicial memorandum orders and opinions on a wide range of criminal and civil matters, including contracts, real property, business transactions, post convictions, and district court appeals.
Mr. Nelson is the Chair of the Boys Hope Girls Hope Young Professional Committee as well as a Board Member of the Baltimore Chapter. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the University of Baltimore School of Law Young Lawyers Alumni Council and is a University of Delaware Volunteer Admissions Member. In 2017, Mr. Nelson was a part of GIVE, a program of Business Volunteers of Maryland. GIVE connects young professionals with non-profit organizations that are transforming communities of Baltimore. Additionally, Mr. Nelson was recognized as a Rising Star by the Living Classrooms Foundation in 2015 as well as selected for inclusion as Rising Stars in Super Lawyers Magazine for 2018.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Delaware, B.A., 2010
- Maryland, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2017
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Chair, Boys Hope Girls Hope Young Professional Committee
- Member of the Executive Committee of the University of Baltimore School of Law Young Lawyers Alumni Council
- Board Member, Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore
- Rising Star, Living Classrooms Foundation, 2015
- University of Delaware Volunteer Admissions Member
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Chair, Historical Committee, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion as “Rising Stars” in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2018