Mark D. Maneche
Mark Maneche represents businesses and financial institutions in commercial litigation matters, including those involving the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and other state and federal laws governing lending and foreclosure practices. He has substantial experience representing institutional clients in litigation matters involving product liability, complex commercial disputes, bankruptcy, insurance, worker misclassification, and corporate shareholder and membership disputes, many of which have involved class action and multidistrict litigation. His significant litigation experience includes handling a number of appellate matters in Maryland’s Court of Special Appeals and Court of Appeals, and federal circuit courts of appeal in Maryland and throughout the country.
Mr. Maneche is a cum laude graduate of the American University, Washington College of Law. After law school, he served as a law clerk from 1994 to 1995 for the Honorable Diana Gribbon Motz on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Maneche serves as a member of the Board of the Francis D. Murnaghan Jr. Appellate Advocacy Fellowship, an appellate advocacy fellowship through the Public Justice Center for former law clerks. He also serves as the Chair of the Fellowship’s Selection Committee, which annually selects the next Fellow.
- Boulware v. Crossland Mortgage Corp., 291 F. 3d 261 (4th Cir. 2002) (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act case)
- McIntyre v. Smyth, 159 Md. App. 19, 857 A.2d 1235 (2004) (complex estates and trusts case)
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc. v. Neal, 398 Md. 705, 922 A.2d 538 (2007) (private enforceability of HUD regulations case)
The cases identified above are representative. It is important to recognize that each case is different and that an attorney’s past record is no assurance that he/she will be successful in reaching a favorable result in any future case.
- J.D., cum laude, American University, Washington College of Law, 1994
- B.A., with honors, Johns Hopkins University, 1991
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Honorable Diana Gribbon Motz (1994 – 1995)
- Board Member and Selection Committee Chair, Francis D. Murnaghan Jr. Appellate Advocacy Fellowship
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers, 2016, 2018