Talley H-S Kovacs
Ms. Kovacs’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and business services. Representative matters involve insurance coverage litigation for commercial claims, contractual indemnity issues, insurance fraud and lack of good faith claims, real estate acquisitions and disputes, and business transactions.
Ms. Kovacs graduated from St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland in 2001. She received her law degree, cum laude, from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and contemporaneously earned an MBA from the Merrick School of Business at the University of Baltimore. Ms. Kovacs clerked for the Honorable Clayton Greene, Jr. on the Maryland Court of Appeals prior to entering private practice with PK Law, PA.
Prior to attending graduate school, Ms. Kovacs completed a culinary apprenticeship in the Gascony region of France, and then worked in the culinary profession in Portland, Oregon and Annapolis, Maryland. She has professional experience in public policy, environmental regulation, public health, venture capital, and corporate marketing. Ms. Kovacs enjoys the creativity and collaboration involved with solving legal problems for her clients.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., cum laude, May 2009
- University of Baltimore/ Towson University, Merrick School of Business, MBA, May 2009
- St. John’s College, BA, History of Philosophy and the History of Mathematics and Sciences, May 2001
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- Talley Kovacs, Esq., Law firm Offers Primer on Insurance Issues Surrounding Drones, The Daily Record, October 29, 2015.
- Maryland Daily Record, Generation JD Blogger (September 2015-October 2016)
- Michael Greenberger, Marita Mike & Talley Kovacs, Governance and Biosecurity: Strengthening Security and Oversight of the Nation’s Biological Agent Laboratories, 13 De Paul J. Health Care L. 77 (2010)
- Baltimore City Partnership Board, United Way of Central Maryland
- Executive Committee, Lawyers’ Campaign Against Hunger
- Alumni Board, University of Maryland Francis Scott King Carey School of Law (2015-present)
- Network2000 Effective Impact Mentee (2015-present)
- United Way of Central Maryland, Ambassador, Emerging Leaders United (2013-present)
- St. John’s College Career Mentor (2010-present) and Baltimore Alumni Chapter Leader (2006-2014)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Special Committee on Law School Graduates (2013-2015)
- Member, Board of Directors, Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance (2013-2015)
- Business Volunteers Maryland, GIVE Program Participant 2012 (2012-2013)
- “Rising Stars” in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012 – 2017
- The Daily Record, Leading Women, 2016
- The Daily Record, Very Important Professional Under 40, 2015