Thomas D. Kohn
Since beginning his practice in 1986, Tom has focused his legal practice in the fields of business and corporate law, complex business litigation and franchise law. He assists clients with business “life events” such as start-ups, acquisitions, partner relations, business growth and management. Services provided to his business clients include entity formation, corporate restructuring, strategy development, growth planning, and managerial advice. His experience in the areas of business law and litigation allow him to assist business owners and corporate leaders in navigating the complicated issues they face in today’s constantly changing business environment.
Tom also focuses on working with small to medium sized businesses and devotes a significant portion of his practice on assisting private health care providers in the purchase and sale of existing practices. Over his career, he has established a successful track record among private health care providers in developing fair and efficient strategies for the profitable creation, operation, sale and purchase of professional practices. He also works with existing practices in forming and maintaining partnership relationships, hiring of associates, practice growth, and acquisition of partial interests in existing practices. The general goal of Tom’s practice in this area is to assist private medical care providers in making their practices efficient, profitable and enduring.
In the areas of Business/Corporate law, Tom has been consistently named to the Maryland Super Lawyers list as recognized in Baltimore Magazine. These awards for excellence are a result of Tom’s selection by his fellow attorneys and evaluation based on independent research of his achievements.
A Baltimore native, Tom is, and has been, active with many community and charitable organizations. From 1995 to 2013, Tom was a co-founder and principal of Lenrow, Kohn & Oliver and continues to be excited about “bringing his talents” to PK Law. His wife, Dr. Shari C. Kohn, is a pediatric dentist in private practice in Hunt Valley, Maryland. Together, they are raising their two children, Rachel and A.J.
- University of Maryland, School of Law, J.D., 1986
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. with Honors, 1983
- Maryland, 1986
- District of Columbia, 1987
- United States District Court, District of Maryland, 1988
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1989
- United States Supreme Court, 1991
- United States District Court, District of Columbia, 1992
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia, 1992
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- WYPR Public Radio – Community Advisory Board (Current)
- Towson University Hillel – Board of Directors (Current)
- Jewish Community Center, Board of Directors (1992-1998) and (2006-2014)
- Beth El Congregation, Board of Trustees (2004-2010)
- Baltimore Bar Foundation, Inc. – Lifetime Fellow
- United Jewish Appeal Young Leadership Cabinet – Past Member
- American Dental Association Council of Advisors – Past Member
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Club of Baltimore – Past President
Born: Baltimore, Maryland, May 14, 1961
2007, 2010 – 2017