Gregory K. Kirby is a Member with PK law and is part of the firm’s Medical Malpractice Defense Group. He concentrates his practice in all aspects of civil litigation with a focus on medical malpractice, personal injury, insurance defense, and product and pharmaceutical liability. He also has experience with environmental torts, class and mass actions, and cyber security and privacy. Mr. Kirby has extensive civil trial experience and actively litigates cases in all of the Maryland state courts and various federal courts as well as in the District of Columbia, and with the Board of Physicians and the Board of Nursing.
Mr. Kirby is well known throughout Maryland for his involvement in the community and with the Maryland State Bar Association and the Bar Association of Baltimore City. He serves on various MSBA committees and sections, as well as the BABC Executive Council, where he is currently the President-Elect. Mr. Kirby will be the President of the Bar Association of Baltimore City starting in June 2016.
Mr. Kirby graduated with honors from Mount St. Mary’s University with a Bachelor of Science in biology/pre-medicine and minors in chemistry and computer science. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Kirby was a software engineer for Siemens Medical Solutions, a global healthcare solutions company, where he coded Health Information System computer applications for hospitals and physician practices. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law.
Prior to joining PK Law, Mr. Kirby had a civil litigation practice in Baltimore and Annapolis. He was also a judicial law clerk for the Honorable William S. Horne and, upon Judge Horne’s retirement, for the Honorable Sidney S. Campen, in the Circuit Court for Talbot County, Maryland.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Mount St. Mary’s University, B.S. Biology/Pre-Med, 1998
- Maryland, 2005
- District of Columbia, 2007
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2006
- United States Supreme Court
- Bar Association of Baltimore City:
President (2016-17); President-Elect (2015-16); Vice President (2014-15); Treasurer (2013-14); Secretary (2012-13); Executive Council (2007); CLE & Events Committee Co-Chair (2011-12); Membership Committee Co-Chair (2010-11); Technology Committee Chair (2009-10); Young Lawyers Division Chair (2008-09)
- Maryland State Bar Association:
Board of Governors (2011-2014 ); Executive Committee (2013-2014); Judicial Appointments Committee (2011- ); Budget & Finance Committee (2012- ); Local/Specialty Bar Committee (2009-13); Young Lawyer Section Chair (2013-14); Young Lawyer Section Chair-Elect (2012-13); Membership Committee (2010-12); Leadership Academy Fellow (2009-10)
- Baltimore Bar Foundation:
President (2014-2015); Vice President (2013-2014); Treasurer (2012-2013); Trustee (2008-Present); Fellow; Co-Chair, Planning Committee, Joint Symposium “When Worlds Collide: The Intersection of Healthcare, Law & Technology, January 13, 2016 (with the MD/DC Society for Healthcare Risk Management).
- Maryland Bar Foundation: Fellow
- American Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Talbot County Bar Association
- Selected as a Super Lawyer in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2016
In his free time, Mr. Kirby is an avid Ravens and Orioles fan and enjoys playing sports, traveling, hiking, and spending time with his family.
- College Hills IV Community Association, Catonsville, MD: President (2011-13); Vice President (2010-11); Board of Directors
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International: President National Capital Area Alumni Chapter (2005-10)
- Mount St. Mary’s University Alumni Association: Executive Committee (2007- )