Kayleigh Toth Keilty
Kayleigh Toth Keilty focuses her practice primarily in areas of business litigation, commercial disputes and insurance in the state and federal courts of Maryland as well as other federal courts in the Northeast.
Ms. Keilty has significant experience in alternative dispute resolution participating in over 200 cases as an attorney advocate. As a certified mediator, she brings a unique perspective to settlement discussions to assist her clients in obtaining favorable results when the facts may not be in their favor.
Ms. Keilty has participated in over 180 federal first-party property damage claims involving complex insurance coverage issues in various jurisdictions on the East Coast. Many of these cases involved serving as assigned national counsel team in mass flood actions focusing on complex coverage issues. In this capacity, she assisted in designing a case management plan and strategy to produce quality work product for hundreds of cases simultaneously and efficiently. She has adapted these skills for defending a variety of national insurers and local business owners in coverage disputes, officer liability, general and business torts, premise liability, and catastrophic and liability cases.
Ms. Keilty believes every case deserves a victory dance. She has significant trial experience representing clients in a range of matters from multi-million dollar commercial business disputes to district court breach of contract/tort cases.
Prior to becoming an attorney at PK Law, Ms. Keilty received a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science and Communication Arts from Salisbury University in 2009. In 2013, she received her Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law where she was Managing Editor of the Law Forum and President of the Moot Court Board. Ms. Keilty received the Best Oral Advocate award in the 2011 Byron L. Warnken Moot Court Competition.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Salisbury University, B.A., cum laude, 2009
- Presenter, The Comeback Suit, Harmonie Conference: Litigation Claims Seminar (2015)
- Author, Recent Development, Stoddard v. State, 42 U. Balt. L.F. 244 (2012)
- Author, Recent Development, Ballard v. State, 42 U. Balt. L.F. 97 (2011)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore County
- Baltimore City
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Maryland Chapter, Chair of Board of Directors
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Maryland Chapter, Board of Directors
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Maryland Chapter, Education Chair
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention safeTalk Certified (certified in applied suicide intervention skills and to present safeTalk, which teaches individuals in the community how to be suicide alert.)
- Dogs XL Rescue
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017
- VIP 40 Under 40, The Daily Record, 2017