Tiffany S. Franc
Mrs. Franc is an attorney in PK Law’s Corporate and Business Services Group. She provides Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 legal advice and representation to individuals, and advice on bankruptcy alternatives, including debt restructuring and rehabilitation, to consumers facing debt collection, garnishment, liens and foreclosure. In addition, Mrs. Franc represents clients in adoption proceedings (adult, step-parent, 2nd parent, interstate (ICPC) and finalizations in MD of out-of-state or out-of-country placements), child custody/access and child support matters, absolute and limited divorce hearings, prenuptial agreements and settlement negotiations in family law matters.
Prior to joining PK Law, Mrs. Franc was a bankruptcy paralegal for three years and was a U.S. Bankruptcy Court Law Clerk for the Honorable Judge Nancy Alquist.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J. D., 2009
- Frostburg State University, B.S., 2005
- Completed 40 hour mediation training meeting requirements of MD Rule 17-106 to qualify to mediate cases in the Circuit Courts of Maryland
- Completed 20 hour Child Access Mediation Training set forth in MD Rule 17-104(b) to qualify to mediate Child Access matters
- Maryland State Bar, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2010
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Consumer Bankruptcy Section Council 2011-2012; Council Secretary 2012-2013; Council Vice-Chair 2013-2014
- Consumer Bankruptcy Section Ocean City Annual Meeting Presentation: Technical Coordinator 2011; Co-Chair 2012-present
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- National Adoption Day Committee 2009
- Young Lawyers Committee 2010-2012
- Speaker: Leadership Luncheons for The Good Shepherd Center 2010
- Lawyer Referral & Information Service Volunteer/Panel Attorney 2012-present
- Public Awareness & Speakers Committee 2012-2013; Vice-Chair 2013-2014
- Civics & Law Academy Faculty 2013
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
In her free time, Mrs. Franc is an avid Ravens and Orioles fan and enjoys spending time with her daughters.
- Chairperson of the Board of Directors for the Maryland Foster Youth Resource Center – July 2013 – Present
- Maryland Foster Youth Resource Center Board of Directors – March 2013 – June 2013
- FreeState Legal – Volunteer/Panel Attorney 2013 – Present
- Charm City Alumni of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority
- 2010 Keynote Speaker Baltimore County National Adoption Day Click Here For Video
- 2008 Keynote Speaker Baltimore County National Adoption Day Click Here For Video
- Frostburg State University Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2011-Present; Board of Directors Secretary 2013-2014
- Panelist: Business Volunteers Unlimited “Demystifying the Millennial Volunteer” 2012
- MVLS – Volunteer/Panel Attorney, 2011 - Present (Panelist-Chapter 7 attorney training 2011-2013)
- Faculty- “Nuts & Bolts of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy” 2011-2013
- Speaker: Harford County Bar Association “The Intersection of Family Law and Bankruptcy” 2013
- Faculty: National Business Institute “Chapter 7 & 13 Bankruptcy: Line-by-Line Workshop” 2013
- Faculty: Legal Services for the Elderly, “Consumer Protection Issues and the Elderly” 2013
- Faculty: Creditor’s Bar Association, “Bankruptcy Pitfalls for Collection Practices” 2013
- The Daily Record “Leading Women” (2011)
- The Daily Record “20 In Their Twenties” (2012)
- “Rising Stars” Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2014
As a Frostburg alumni, Mrs. Franc returns to Frostburg to speak at Career Day Expos as part of the Homecoming & Leadership Weekend. She also volunteers to assist with Homecoming activities with the Student Government Association and remains active with the Frostburg chapter of her sorority.
- “Maryland Homestead Exemption in Bankruptcy” – Baltimore County Bar Association Newsletter: The Advocate, December 2010.
- “Grouponing for Lawyers” – Baltimore County Bar Association Newsletter: The Advocate, September 2011.
- “Grouponing for Lawyers – Follow Up” – Baltimore County Bar Association Newsletter: The Advocate, September 2012.
- “Bankruptcy Considerations in Family Law Practice” – The Maryland Bar Journal, January 2013.