Chantelle M. Custodio
Chantelle Custodio is a Member with PK Law and is part of the firm’s Medical Malpractice Defense Group. She represents hospitals, physicians, nurses and other health care providers throughout the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia in defending complex medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Additionally, Chantelle has represented clients in various tort-related litigation and business owners in contract dispute and business tort matters. Chantelle has trial experience in both the District Court and Circuit Courts of Maryland, including second-chair jury trial experience. Chantelle has also argued before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
Chantelle earned her B.A. in Political Science from Mount Saint Mary’s University in 2003, graduating summa cum laude. She also worked for three years as a paralegal while completing her undergraduate degree. Chantelle graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2006, where she served as the Manuscripts Editor of the University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender & Class in her third year. Chantelle has been a member of the Maryland State Bar since 2006 and the District of Columbia Bar since 2008. She has been recognized by her peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2012-2016.
University of Maryland School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2006
University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender & Class; Manuscripts Editor (2005-06), Member (2004-05)
Mount Saint Mary’s University, Bachelor of Arts, May 2003, summa cum laude. Major: Political Science, Minors, Spanish and Philosophy. George Henry Miles Honor Society (2000-03), Pre-law Society Award (2003), Political Science Department Award (2003), Philosophy Department Award (2003)
- Maryland, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2007
- District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2009
- Member, Howard County Bar Association Judicial Merit Selection Committee for a term ending 6/30/18
- Member, Advisory Board of the College of Liberal Arts, Mount Saint Mary’s University
- Maryland and D.C. Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Selected for inclusion in “Rising Stars” in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2017
- Member, Advisory Board of the College of Liberal Arts for Mount Saint Mary’s University, 2014-present