Megan Anderson is an Associate in the Firm’s Medical Malpractice Defense Group where she focuses her practice on the defense of individual health care providers and the defense of health care institutions.
Prior to joining PK Law Megan practiced for several years at a regional civil litigation firm where she focused her practice on the defense of professionals, including medical professionals. Megan has extensive civil litigation experience in the areas of insurance defense, malpractice defense and general liability defense. She has managed cases that were pending throughout the State of Maryland as well as in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Megan received her law degree from The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law where she was active on the Moot Court Board, the Student Bar Association and the International Legal Honor Society, Phi Delta Phi. After graduating from law school, Megan clerked for the Honorable Emory A. Plitt, Jr. at the Circuit Court for Harford County where she drafted opinions in a variety of civil and criminal cases.
Before law school Megan received both her undergraduate and master’s degrees in the biological sciences. As a master’s student she researched, wrote, and orally defended a thesis, honing skills essential to the legal field in effectively communicating complex topics both orally and in writing.
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Curtin Scholar
- SBA Chair for Admissions
- Chair of Training, Moot Court Board and Senior Advocate & Coach, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team
- Towson University, M.S. Biology, Cum Laude
- Salisbury University, B.S. Biology, Cum Laude
- Tri Beta Biological Honor Society
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland, Baltimore County
- Volunteer, Mostly Muttz Rescue